Welcome to the future…
In the near future , renewable energy will be the most important field. Today industry, in addition to the Israeli Ministry of Industry & Trade and the Ministry of Infrastructure, is investing hundreds of millions of dollars in research on renewable energy uses.
What is renewable energy?
Renewable energy is a form of energy that comes from nature. The significant advantage is that the energy is not exhaustible by using it. Renewable energy sources differ from energy sources currently in use, such as fuel, fossils (oil, coal and natural gas) and nuclear energy, in that the use of these current energies greatly reduces the pool which remains available. Sources of renewable energy include solar energy; energy sources from retention of energy – wind power and hydropower; energy productionfrom biological processes; geothermal energy originating from the internal heat of the earth; and energy from the tides as a result of sun and moon attraction.
Consulting, research and development of renewable energy
It is important to remember that Interplate has clients, needs and unique solutions. Interplate specializes in the development of coatings that are appropriate for the innovative applications in this growing industry (e.g., fuel cell anode coatings). Developmental capabilities are expressed specifically in this field, a field which is relatively new and evolving, and which demands consultation and development according to the client’s needs beginning with initial discussions about the product.
Coatings and areas suitable for renewable energy:
- Photocatalytic coatings
- Electrode coatings designed for the special purpose (Build to Spec)
- Coatings that absorb radiation for producing solar-thermal energy
- Wear resistant coatings and low friction coatings for wind energy production
- Heat insulating coatings
- Heat conducting coatings
Various industries already enjoy the capabilities of Interplate:
- Solar thermal energy – such as boilers and solar collectors
- Automotive industry –
- Energy for automobiles – fuel cells to generate electricity
- Coatings that improve the effectiveness of batteries and extend batterylife, especially for electric cars
- Turbines – coatings that help various components move smoothly so there is no wasted energy or unnecessary friction